Thursday, October 30, 2008

I screech for Leach!

Loooong before she bobbled her octogenarian bosoms on Dancing With The Stars, I was a Cloris Leachman fan. I have a signed 8x10 hanging in my Hallway of Fame. C'mon, the Mary Tyler Moore spin-off, "Phyllis?" (sing the theme with me, you know it: "Who lights the lamps of Chinatown, just by walking in view? Who? PHYLLIS!")

An Emmy and Golden Globe winner, Cloris is one of my perennially cherished character actresses. I'm pleased as punch she's finally getting her pop cultural due with a much-deserved second wind on network TV. Picking a quintessential video clip was tough, but Mel Brooks' 1977 High Anxiety won out. Nurse Diesel, take it away (RIP perpetually put-upon Harvey Korman):


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shop the Entourage Section at Store.HBO.com

No comments:

Post a Comment